Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

On my Craft Table | Dracula's family home with Draculaura, Draculily, Draculayla & Victor

I get excited about a dollhouse project when I have a decorating plan, until then it just sits in the corner of a room gathering dust. I'm excited about the Victorian dollhouse I'm working on now, because I have a plan! I want to give it an extreme makeover.


MY PROGRESS
So far, I have removed all the furniture from the top floor, whew didn't break anything. 
I can use the furniture I ripped out in other sets or dollhouses.

I also tried to remove most of the stickers. 


Then I got tired of ripping,and scraping off the stickers and decided to just 
give it a good sanding.


I taped up the windows, I was going to cut out the plastic to make it easier when, but
the plastic is so thick, so I taped them up.


Removed some of the plastic knobs that were sticking out.


Oops, made a hole. That's ok, I'll be covering it with foam board.

Watch our video tour of the Victorian dollhouse before I started working on it.


I'm also working on the beauty salon spa at the same.  I'll post pictures soon.

VICTORIAN DOLLHOUSE TO DO LIST
NEW HOME FOR DRACULA & HIS FAMILY
DRACULAURA | DRACULILY | DRACULAYLA | VICTOR
  • sand every inch of dollhouse (hard labour)
  • paint roof dark grey (love greys, blacks and white in decorating)
  • windows and balcony railing plus porch pillars silver
  • upper deck floor and porch floor dark grey 
  • maybe a giraffe print on porch floor and smaller version of it on front door?
  • covering door opening on second floor with brick pattern
  • new stain glass windows (yikes! so much to do)

Tell me what you think of my to do list, do you like my decorating ideas? I'll share my
interior ideas this week, so don't forget to subscribe for more of my posts.

Email us pictures of your dollhouses so we can share on our dollhouse channel.


:)

Thanks for passing by, please subscribe and join this 
blog and our YouTube channel.